Saturday, December 28, 2013

Christmas 2013

We enjoyed a lovely low-key Christmas day with the available members of the family yesterday. Pic to follow when I retrieve my camera from Mrs Holt Press' boot. Pop is down from Queensland on his first "post-cancer" adventure and in good spirits. Mum's friend Mona is over from WA and joined us for the day. Only Favourite Daughter and Sport Boy were there of our 4 kids. We all gathered at Vicki's place in Leopold. Roast turkey and pork and all the trimmings followed by my favourite Christmas treat, pudding and ice cream. A fabulous meal in great company. We elected to go ultra simple this year so just a Christmas draw and 1 present each. Nobody minded, in fact I think we all thought it was better that way. (I got a gold class movie voucher) Perfect.
I think the coolest present of the day went to Sport Boy who got a unicycle!
A relaxed afternoon of talking and occasional television followed before the kids got restless and wanted to go home and go for a swim. I took Pop and his new van in for a car wash following the road trip: de-bugging of a different kind.
Today I'm cruising with one ear on the cricket and about to go and pick up the new (2nd hand) fridge we've bought from a bloke at work. Mrs HP has gone out for lunch with her oldest friend Tracey.
I'm working tomorrow then another two days off on the weekend.

To family, friends and readers, I hope your Christmas was as peaceful and blessed as ours and the new year brings good beginnings and good health.
I have much I am thankful for and much to look forward to.
God bless
Marcus


No comments: