Sunday, February 01, 2015

Sports Feast

I've just been swapping texts with my mate Darlow about how much we're hanging out for the footy season to start.
But, there are some pretty decent entrees being served up at the moment.
I'm writing this in front of the TV and watching the Aussie Open Final. Novak has won the first set but is doing some weird stuff as if he's injured. Andy Murray keeps throwing away opportunities. I went to one day of the tennis in the first week. One day my aim is to go to the Final. One day...

Last night was another highlight, seeing the Socceroos win a ripper of an Asian Cup Final against South Korea. Just when we were within 90 seconds of winning Sth Korea equalised and it went to extra time. Thankfully Australia scored the winning goal and saved us all from the agony of a penalty shoot-out. The whole tournament was excellent, not a single draw in the whole 32 games. We wnt to one game: Jordan v Palestine. It was so good to see Australia win it's first major trophy and to enjoy Tim Cahill's heroics.

This morning before work I watched a fast forward replay of Tottenham's 3-0 win v West Bromwich Albion which got my day off to a good start.

After work I went down to the Geelong foreshore to watch the finish of the Cadel Evans Great Ocean Road Race cycling event. Although Cadel didn't win it was a great race and a good crowd were there to see a National icon in his farewell event.

I'm keeping a discreet eye on the final of the one day cricket with Australia doing well against the Poms.

And then the main course tomorrow morning our time: The Superbowl. (The NFL Grand Final)
Seattle Seahawks v New England Patriots. I've even got the day off so I can watch it without interruption or delay.

So much sport! I love it.

And bring on the footy!!


PS. I laughed out loud when I heard the following on the radio this morning.
The ABC were doing a wrap up of the Queensland  election and the interviewer asked the president of the Liberal National Party, Bruce McIvor what he'd thought of the Prime Minister's decision to give Prince Phillip a knighthood on Australia Day?
"I was shocked"
Did he think it had had any effect on the election outcome?
"Id rather he'd given the gong to Wally Lewis"

Hear hear!!


It's hard to believe it's February already.... only four weeks to go until I start uni!!

One more thing. If you know anyone who wants to buy a house in Busselton please let them know we have a great 4 bedroom house for sale there which for some reason hasn't sold yet....and we're getting a bit anxious about it.

No comments: